Essential Licensing Requirements for Your Nimbus Food Venture

Launching your food business at Nimbus is an exciting journey, but it’s essential to understand the licensing requirements tailored to your specific needs. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll break down the critical licensing prerequisites you must be aware of when starting your food venture with Nimbus.

Foundational Requirements:

To ensure the smooth operation of your Nimbus-based food business, every member must provide the following documents:

Furthermore, Nimbus members are required to:

  • Sign a Licensing Agreement: This document formalizes your commitment to operating within Nimbus’s guidelines.
  • Adhere to Our Member Code of Conduct: Uphold our shared values of professionalism and ethical conduct within our community.

Business Model-Specific Requirements:

The additional licensing requirements will be contingent on your specific business model within Nimbus. Here’s a breakdown of common business models and their associated licensing needs:

**Click image to open in a new tab


Current Members Under Each Permit Category:

If you’re still feeling a bit lost, take a look at some examples of our current members who fall under each permit category:

DOH (Department of Health) Permit:

  • Homecookd:  Homecookd is a gourmet meal plan service that delivers directly to your door.
  • Fuku: Fuku is a fried chicken sando company that operates a virtual kitchen out of our LES location.

R&D (Research and Development) Permit:

  • Rice Blossoms : Rice Blossoms is a Korean dessert company that is using Nimbus to host workshops.
  • BiteUnite: Bite Unite hosts cooking classes regularly out of Nimbus in the Lower East Side.

DOA (Department of Agriculture) Permit:

  • Allie’s Banana Bread: Allie’s Banana Bread sells banana bread that can be ordered by her customers ahead of time for delivery or pick up around NYC.
  • Spice Theory: Spice Theory sells spice blends that are curated towards Caribbean cuisine.

Nimbus is here to help

If you’re overwhelmed by the process, Nimbus is here to help. Our team will walk you through the end-to-end application process with either the Department of Health or the Department of Agriculture, so you can launch your business safely and in compliance in just a few short weeks. Whether you’re getting a Department of Agriculture 20-C, Department of Health 2540, or any of the other permits out there, we have the experience to get you started today!